Monday, August 31, 2009

Welcome to My New Life.

So why am I doing this? Well, for a few reasons actually. For starters, I should explain where I got the idea from.

Three weeks into medical school at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing here. I've heard from a few people that writing my intentions for doing medicine and referring back to it from time to time will help me to stay sane throughout the next several years of my insanity. I say to hell with that. I'm just going to write down my thoughts as they occur and never look back.

If we all looked at where we wanted to be ten years ago, we'd never be as accomplished as we are today. If I actually pursued being a musician I'd be the man playing to the medical students on the subway as they go out to celebrate the start of their new careers, wondering why I never tried to do what they did.

But in actuality, I give the most credit to my man Cesar Fishman and his blog "The Law School Experiment." If anything, I thought it would be cool to compare our experiences in two different professional schools.

So now, what is this all going to be about? When people think medical school they think honorability, diligence, and focus. I'm here to tell about everything but those things. I'm here to tell about my transition to New York City from Gainesville, FL as well as my experiences starting a school I shouldn't be at in the first place. I'll speak about the people and places I encounter along the way and all of the ideas I have about being here. I'm going to bring this blog around with me to show everyone else through the my eyes what it is to be a medical student in the city of all cities.

1 comment:

  1. if we follow this through to the end... we're writing a book together.

    ReplyDelete